7.1 Institutional Values and Social Responsibilities
Measures initiated by the Institution for the promotion of gender equity during the last five years.
The Institution has facilities for alternate sources of energy and energy conservation measures
1. Solar energy 2. Biogas plant
3. Wheeling to the Grid 4. Sensor-based energy conservation
5.Use of LED bulbs/ power efficient equipment
Describe the facilities in the Institution for the management of the following types of degradable and non-degradable waste (within 500 words)
1. Solid waste management 2. Liquid waste management
3. Biomedical waste management 4. E-waste management
5. Waste recycling system 6. Hazardous chemicals and radioactive waste management
Water conservation facilities available in the Institution:
1. Rain water harvesting 2. Borewell /Open well recharge
3. Construction of tanks and bunds 4. Waste water recycling
5. Maintenance of water bodies and distribution system in the campus
Green campus initiatives include :
1. Restricted entry of automobiles 2. Use of Bicycles/ Battery powered vehicles
3. Pedestrian Friendly pathways 4. Ban on use of Plastic
5. landscaping with trees and plants
Quality audits on environment and energy are regularly undertaken by the Institution and any awards received for such green campus initiatives:
1. Green audit 2. Energy audit
3. Environment audit 4. Clean and green campus recognitions / awards
5. Beyond the campus environmental promotion activities
The Institution has disabled-friendly, barrier free environment
1. Built environment with ramps/lifts for easy access to classrooms.
2. Divyangjan friendly washrooms
Describe the Institutional efforts/initiatives in providing an inclusive environment i.e., tolerance and harmony towards cultural, regional, linguistic, communal socioeconomic and other diversities (within 500 words)
Sensitization of students and employees of the Institution to the constitutional obligations: values, rights, duties and responsibilities of citizens (within 500 words).
The Institution has a prescribed code of conduct for students, teachers, administrators and other staff and conducts periodic programmes in this regard.
1. The Code of Conduct is displayed on the website
2. There is a committee to monitor adherence to the Code of Conduct
3. Institution organizes professional ethics programmes for students, teachers, administrators and other staff
4. Annual awareness programmes on Code of Conduct are organized
Institution celebrates / organizes national and international commemorative days, events and festivals (within 500 words).
7.2 Best Practices
Describe two best practices successfully implemented by the Institution as per NAAC format provided in the Manual.
7.3 Institutional Distinctiveness
Portray the performance of the Institution in one area distinctive to its priority and thrust within 1000 words